December 30, 2011

Nøgne Ø Dobbel IPA


(Could not find a decent photo of the bottle, but it's a simple one with the collaboration logo above)

Brewer - Guest brewed at Nøgne Ø by Toshi Ishii (from Yo-Ho Brewing) - Grimstad, Norway
Style - Imperial/ Double IPA
Alcohol By Volume (ABV) - 8.5% (500ml bottle)


At first glance:
Awesome logo, intriguing story - I just had to have it. The $12 price tag meant nothing.

At first nose:
Fruity scent; pear and citrus - with a good bit of caramel. Really nice on the nose.

At first taste:
The caramel really shows in the flavor, with a piney tone and fruity accents.

Aftertaste:
Most of what sticks around is a malty pine flavor, right on the back of my tongue.

Upon further inspection:
I have said it before, I like my IPAs hoppy, and as for my Double IPAs - I expect more. This was very good, really really good, but I still would like to see more of that hop-bite.

Other Notes:
Went rather well with my steak dinner (pan fried to rare in bacon grease).

No comments:

Post a Comment