March 14, 2010

Aktienbraueri Kaufbeuren Jubiläums Pils 1907


Brewer - Aktienbraueri Kaufbeuren - Kaufbeuren, Bavaria, Germany
Style - Pilsner
Alcohol By Volume (ABV) - 4.9% (1pt .9oz bottle)


At first glance:
The second beer of the day at Stuffed Sandwich. After finishing my meal I asked Marlene for something on the light side to wash it all down with, and here is what I got. Its your classic German pilsner, not unlike a Budweiser, a style of beer which is known for its crisp and clean taste. Again not having a glass it was drank from the bottle so I'm guessing the color and head were of a very light golden hue.

At first nose:
It had a nice slight floral nose to it, a vast contrast to that of the porter. I didn't pick up on much else.

At first taste:
Wow, this beer is crisp and clean. It is almost tasteless but in the best way possible. Its exactly what I was looking for to wash down my heavy meal of french dip and porter.

Aftertaste:
There isn't one. It leaves the mouth feeling refreshed and clean, but wanting another drink.

Upon further inspection:
Not much. This is the kind of beer you would want to drink on a nice hot day to get refreshed. Though a bit low on the ABV index, it goes down so smooth you may find yourself quickly buzzed if you can get yourself a hold of a 12-pack.

Other Notes:
I think this may be my go to beer at the end of a Stuffed Sandwich visit. It was well worth it and the perfect recommendation from Marlene to wash everything down with.

Once again, check out Stuffed Sandwich, I guarantee you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment